----- Original message -----
From: "Christopher Fuhrman" <fuhrman8or@yahoo.com>
For example:

standing
  drop -> prone
  drop -> kneeling
  injury -> knocked down

kneeling
  stand-up -> standing

prone
  stand-up -> standing

knocked-down
  one-round-delay -> prone

--------------
Is it worth making a distinction between kneeling and prone?  If I
remember correctly a missile weapon attack gets a penalty against a
prone figure, so it probably is worth making the distinction.

'Kneel' should probably be an option selectable from either a standing
or prone position.
  kneel -> kneeling

As far as crawling goes, I don't see any reason this should be a state.
Just allow prone or kneeling figures an MA=2, keeping their current
state after moving (or maybe change prone -> kneeling if the figure
moves?).  My gut feeling is that a prone crossbowman should not be able
to crawl and fire, as their attack bonus comes from having a stable
base.  Make them drop back to a prone position.

By the way, thanks for this post and all the other questions and
ambiguities you have been bringing up lately.  The discussion is helping
me shape up my own browser-based implementation of the game.  In fact,
this post has convinced me to redo how I am currently handling states.

Steve