Re: (TFT) Magical Tattoos for TFT

In a message dated 1/7/2007 5:35:12 PM Central Standard Time,
someotherwag@earthlink.net writes:

> I like the idea of a tattoo that makes you a better unarmed combatant
> and acts like a weapon enchantment.  A wise martial artist would put
> his martial tattoos on a protected spot like his inner thigh, and
> maybe have flashy non-magical tattoos out in plain sight for his
> enemies to attack.

Except that I explicitly disallow this in my version:

:With the exception of a Tattoo of Obedience, a magical tattoo will only
:provide its benefits if clearly visible on exposed skin. (I.e. not covered
by
:clothing, armor, make-up, etc.) A partially covered tattoo will function if
visible
:enough to be seen and recognized (GM's discretion as to how much exposure
:this requires.)

This was under "general notes on magic tattoos" at the bottom of my post; one
of the designed drawbacks of my version is that they do have to be in plain
sight and at least somewhat flashy.

>This sentence relates to a question I had about obedience tattoos,
>but it's garbled: "If obeying the command would be immediately fatal,
>or if the command
>requires obedience continued obedience after leaving the command-
>giver's presence,
>then the bearer gets a second roll vs IQ."  Please clarify.

It should read "If obeying the command would be immediately fatal, or if the
command requires continued obedience after leaving the command-giver's
presence,
then the bearer gets a second roll vs IQ." Thus if the Master orders a tattoo
bearer: "Go to the Chamber of Chastisement and wait for me there." the tattoo
bearer would get a second roll once he leaves the Master's presence.