(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #880

Hmmmm....I never played C&S, so I'm not sure how our ideas compare. Erol's thoughts on limiting attributes are a neat idea too. There's always a number of ways to "skin a cat", as they say :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "TFT Digest" <tft-owner@brainiac.com>
To: <tft-digest@brainiac.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 8:12 PM
Subject: TFT Digest V3 #880

TFT Digest Tuesday, February 13 2007 Volume 03 : Number 880

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:11:52 -0600
From: "Herb Nowell" <herb.nowell@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #878

On 2/12/07, Rob Chellis <rchellis@stny.rr.com> wrote:
instead of 32.  There can't be a difference of more than 3 points
between STR and CON, or between INT and KNW.

STR determines how physically strong you are....how much damage you do,
how big a weapon you can carry.
CON is your hit points, and where you cast spells from
DEX is the same as DX
INT is your innate intelligence.....what you roll on to notice things,
and how high a level of talent or spell you can take.
KNW is the sum total of the talents/skills/spells that you know.

I like the idea, but how does it really help if you can only diff CON
and KNW by 3?

You're still looking at ST 17 Wizards instead of ST 20.
- -- Herb

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and
does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself." - Jean
Francois Revel