Re: (TFT) (SFB)

I did a search for Phil Kaufman on wiki, and got no hits. Obviously wiki is broken...

On Aug 6, 2007, at 4:37 PM, Craig W. Barber wrote:

Re: PvK's description of the Kaufman Retrograde...

As I recall, the really huge advantage was that "seeking weapons", (that is, things that had a counter and got put on the board, then tried to home in on the target and blow up in the same hex, think Romulan Plasma Torpedos or drones and the like) were all forced to move at a speed of 20 just to keep up, and burned up fuel and power as they tried to close the gap on the retreating fed ships. The Photon Torpedo, however, was the prototypical "direct fire"
(not seeking) heavy weapon.

Other reasons: the Fed ships had massive structure, lots of energy and as noted, the photon torpedo had some good characteristics at range, especially
for a direct fire weapon.

Craig B