(TFT) Killing Joe

More junk jotted down in margins of my notes. This results from my bad habit of haveing the bloody History Chanel on in the background while writeing. (I keep thinking of an old short story by Bradbury if I remember corectly called "The Walker". Maybe the stroboscopic effect is soothing. I don't know.)

Mythbusters "the Buster rebuild episode"
Useing actual human femurs they were able to break them across the middle useing around 625lbs.

Fight Science
Hardbody tranning (stone bones, etc.) to break boards, bricks etc.
1 ton force with head blow (25MPH)
2 tons force with shoulder charge
2.5 tons force with knee (mui thai)
at about 35MPH impact bones break, internal organs sustain damage, etc.

The Medical Encyclopedia for Better Health Circa 1978
Kinds of Bleeding
Capilaries ooze
Veins flow
Arteries spurt
The healthy adult man has 1/13 of the weight of his body in pints of blood. Thus a man weighing 130lbs would have 10 pints of blood.
Loss of half the blood is often fatal. This amount can be lost in an incredibly short time (sometimes less than a minute)
There are 3 proscribed methods for stopping bleeding.
Direct pressure
Digital pressure to one of the 6 pressure points (6 on the right and 6 on the left)
Tourniquite
Internal bleeding is usually shown by bleeding from an orifice such as an ear and can not be stoped by anything but surgery.
Wounds
A wound is a break in the skin. 4 types.
Incisions are made by sharp cutting instruments and tend to bleed freely.
Punctures are caused by penetrating instruments and usually do not bleed freely. (prob internal bleeding more likely)
Abrasions are made by rubbing or scraping of the skin. (prob more like burns ie infection more likely)
Lacerations result when the skin is torn by a blunt instrument.
Shock(not electrical)
an emergency condition in which the circulation of the blood is so disrupted that all bodily functions are affected. It occurs when blood pressure is so low that insufficent blood supply reaches the vital tissues.

I ran a little experiment awhile back where I kept track of the players damage in an arena battle and gave them verbal descriptions of the damage. PCs seem to lean tword the wuss side useing this method I find.