To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: (TFT) Hackers

Thanks Adain, ALWAYS happy to gather a bit more info for the collection. Some of the weired questions you run across in the course of research can have answers in the ODDEST places.
My actual margin note is...
Kali Sticks
3ft
6 blows per sec (action time lol)
90MPH velocity
The Philapines (actually how I spelled it LOL, I'm sure y'all noticed I can't spell well anyway but occasionally my stupidity tickels even ME) held thier own w/sticks vs. swords and bayonets etc.
Does this sound in the ballpark to you?

on a side note with the Hackers thing has anybody read this one? His history goes back to the MIT model railroad club back in the 50s. According to his entomology (I've heard a couple of others, my impression is that this one is like where was the Cocktail invented? Depends on the city in which you ask... anyhoo) the guys who worked on the switching systems and wireing underneeth were the first hackers. What I found intresting was the description of 2 distenct "types" of people; the hackers underneeth and the modelers up top, comming together to make the hobby work. I have some thoughts about how this analogy applies to RPGers but I'd be curious to hear y'alls thoughts.