Re: (TFT) Making Defending more useful - Damage after armor is 1/3.. .

-- pvk@oz.net wrote:-------------------------------------------

Also, I think the main issue with the Defend option is that it doesn't
allow attacking and is a decision made in advance, so it rarely makes
sense to use it, and leaves no generally-useful option for fighting
aggressively versus defensively, and no defensive advantages of
being a more skilled fighter. Improving a totally-defensive option
doesn't really address that, which I feel is the main issue.

PvK

One of the things I really like about the Dark City Games folk is their take on initiative and defending.  The guy who attacks first has initiative (usually choice driven, but could be rolled), after that, he keeps it as long as he attacks every round.  After his attack roll the defender decides wether to counter (attack back) or defend (roll to parry the attack).

I have not adopted it yet, but have been thinking about it.

John