Re: (TFT) TFT-style rules

In a message dated 10/20/2007 1:17:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
kwoller@satx.rr.com writes:

> So my question to the group is, what do you think about a "rewrite" of the
> TFT rules, in effect bringing them into the 21st century under another
> copyright?  Saying the same things in essence, but in other literal words,
> to preserve this game system for future generations before it is lost
> completely.  How many of you love the way TFT works versus other FRP game
> systems and this is what keeps you playing it?  Would the brainiac site, for
> instance, host a link to this rewrite of TFT if it were available and if DCG
> would not?

Years ago, between TFT being out of print and my own fat wad of house rules,
I decided to write up a "TFT private edition" incorporating all my house rules
and producing something I could print out and hand to new players. Later I
decided to do a second "private edition," with even more modifications to better
suit my own style and better fit my own game-world of Etan. This I've renamed
"System Etan" and it will be finished Real Soon Now.

You can find both the old "TFT Private Edition" and parts of the new "System
Etan" on my aol homepage: http://members.aol.com/erolb1/etan.html

I'm willing to contribute these to the effort, with the older "private
edition" being more useful if you want to duplicate the original. It will still need
a going over, to remove any of my own house rules that the Group Mind here
would want to reject, and also to rewrite any places where I copied
word-for-word from the Metagaming edition rather than recasting things in my own words
(not too many of those, IIRC, but some). If people are interested, I can send the
Word documents which would be easier for people to edit than the pdf files on
my website.

Erol K Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow