(TFT) TFT rules free of ambiguity and contradiction

Hi,

When Lloyd and I set off last year to develop a computer-based version of
Melee in Java, it became apparent to us that some of the rules contradict
each other. These become evident when you have to write software, since
software is generally not non-deterministic, and things have to be
contradiction-free when you code it up. Sometimes, this means you have to
make assumptions because the rules were incomplete or contradictory.

I made a list of these contradictions/ambiguities on the wiki. Now that
there are a few new veterans to the list, perhaps they can give their
opinion and/or contribute to the wiki on those points.

The Actions link on the page
http://tft.brainiac.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Rules is a good place to
start. The table on the Actions link shows you just how complicated those
short-and-sweet rules can be, if you consider all the possible aspects, such
as engagement, whether a figure is standing, prone, etc.

Anyway, Craig was discussing representations of game mechanics that are not
violation of copyright. Would the table on
http://tft.brainiac.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Actions be a good example
of alternate representation of the Melee rules about actions?

I am not saying this representation is necessarily palatable :-)

Cheers,

Cris (aka Christopher Fuhrman, now using Gmail to write to the list)