RE: (TFT) Avert Spell --> TFT vampire rules suck.

Yeah, I always thought the TFT vampires were pretty perfunctory and anemic
(pun intended)
Cas
---------
I was underwhelmed by the TFT vampire rules.
The Vampyre rules in an Interplay were a bit better.  I suggest that you
rewrite them before your adventures since THEY SUCK.

Very warm regards, Rick.

On Mon, 2007-29-10 at 23:26 -0500, Todd Roseberry wrote:
> Gents,
>
> I've been trying to put an adventure together that involves vampires.
> ITL states that holy symbols act like Avert spells on vampires under
> 14 IQ. Well, I looked at AW and realized that I don't recall how to play
the Avert spell.

> The text for the spell states that a victim must end his movement  at
> least 2 hexes further from the wizard than he started, each turn the
> spell is on. Does this mean that an ongoing Avert spell/holy symbol
> would push an opponent back
> 2 hexes ever turn and the opponent could not approach closer? I
> vaguely recall that when we played 25 years ago, we  just kept the
> opponent two hexes away but the spell seems to state that ever turn
> the distance is increased by 2 hexes from where the opponent started
> that turn. As stated in AW, it seems a wizard could move away from the
> opponent and the opponent would still move back 2 hexes from where the
> opponent started as long as the spell is energized, or with vampires
> as long as the holy symbol is present. There doesn't seem to be a
> range where the Avert ceases to work. I'm assuming this is the first thing
it happends regardless of which side won the initiative.