Re: (TFT) CyberBoard

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 10:58:59PM +0800, Jay Carlisle wrote:
> At first I was ignoreing search results because of the .brainiac in the address.
> I hadn't realised you were hosting now.

A little history:  Back in the days when the word broadband hadn't been
coined, when a 33.6kbps dialup like was considered hot stuff, I co-owned and
ran an Internet Service Provider called brainiac services, inc.  We did
pretty well with dialup and some dedicated lines, and did very well with
web hosting.

We sold the company back in '99, but one of the terms of the sale was that I
retained the domain name, mostly because I had no desire to change my email
address ever again, nor allow anyone else to be able to yank it, and just
because it's a pretty cool domain name :)

Ever since the sale, I've maintained a server for the domain (and a few
others as well), never for money, but for the satisfaction of helping out
some friends or projects I'm interested in.  Being able to maintain that
server helps with the ongoing continuity of this list as well.