To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Cc: "Todd Roseberry" <paleryder1@verizon.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: Re: (TFT) Scale - Abstraction in Combat - 1- Timing

---- Todd Roseberry <paleryder1@verizon.net> wrote:
I don't mind the TFT abstraction at all. I'm not sure I agree with your
statement above. If I have a DX of 12, I hit just as often regardless of
which weapon I use. The ST determines the amount of damage by
given heavier and slow weapons more damage.  Unless you're
under ST, your DX will not be affected.

Note also that swinging a weapon requiring less than your max
ST doesn't give any speed bonuses either.  Eg, a ST 15 fighter who
wielding a cutlass.

In theory, the "faster" guy with the "faster" weapon should be able to
get more licks in. I recall the battle in the move Rob Roy ...

This almost begs the question of whether the reactions to injury
should be modeled differently.  Perhaps the amount of damage that
a figure receives in a given turn should be subtracted from his "to
hit" roll?