Re: (TFT) HT's views on complexity

On Dec 30, 2007 9:39 PM, <ErolB1@aol.com> wrote:

> Champions came before GURPS, so it would be GURPS looking like Champions
> rather than Champions looking like GURPS.

I suppose it depends on the editions, but generally it's true.

Here's a long thread in the SJGames forum, "Has GURPS become Champions?"
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=17094

I've also heard rumors that SJ was a contributor to the early Champions
> rules.

Here's Wikipedia page on Hero Games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_Games

There's no evidence that SJ collaborated, at least before Champions came
out. Also, Austin is a fur piece from San Mateo, and it appears SJ was in
Houston prior. But the gaming circles were smaller, so anything's possible.