Re: (TFT) welcome to the list, Ray

On Jan 12, 2008 11:24 PM, Ray Rangel <ray.rangel@cox.net> wrote:

> Well the group I play with are pretty good about trying things...at least
> once or twice. I played through a Melee game this morning just to get the
> combat mechanics down. You can see the game, I took a couple of snapshots
> of
> the game in progress and posted a blow-by-blow to my blog (URL below).

Very cool. I like the photos and the nostalgia is killing me :-)

I spotted a technical point in your blog account. In round one of your
account, everyone moved more than one hex and some archers fired.
Technically no missile weapons could have been fired if all players moved
more than one hex. Citing the rules for actions in basic Melee:

4. Move only one hex and:

f) MISSILE WEAPON ATTACK. Fire a ready missile weapon at a target.
It reminds me of the first time I played Ogre. When the Ogre fired the main
battery, I crossed it off the Ogre, just like I did for the missiles... I
would always kick the Ogre's butt until I started playing with other people
:-D