Re: (TFT) Rough and Ready Campaigns

Oh I'm not married to Civ 2, I just figured that it'd be an example I wouldn't have to babbel TOO much about. I'm guessing most people are familar with it.
Also I like the bredth.
If TFT was viewed as "Universal" then Si-Fi stands shoulder to shoulder with Fantasy.
Conditions can be tweaked for effect, but things are going to progress eventually.
If your playing your characters children, and so on, this makes a difrence.
Ageing means something.
That sorta thing.

I really think that half the job of the rules is to inspire play.
There's a whole lot of "pregnant" sentences in TFT IMHO.

What are your thoughts concerning Downtime Actions?
I'm aware of Dominions but haven't played it.
Do you have a structure in mind?

Curious,
Jay