Re: (TFT) SciFi TFT

I wouldn't say miniatures destroy the mood in Cthulhu, but they are definitely secondary to mood-enhancers, like good music and/or movie soundtracks. There are times when minis were very helpful. But 90% of the time, they were not needed. That ratio is just about reversed for TFT gaming.

  Regards, Tim

"David O. Miller" <davidomiller@verizon.net> wrote:
  There are games, of course, that do not lend themselves to using
miniatures. Cthulhu is one that readily springs to mind (as Tim can
attest). Since that game is all about mood I want the adventure to play
out in the imagination of the player, not on the game board. That's a
case (IMHO) where miniatures destroy the mood by putting the focus on
the set up and not the story.