Re: (TFT) Scale stuff for Goblin

I think your ear-ache has effected your mind.

David

On Apr 12, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Jay Carlisle wrote:

This is going well huh?

Sorry guys, what can I say?
I'm growing popular...

That and this lingering ear-ache have sufficed to bring production to a stall.

Then there's the fact that Jay can't do math, so I constantly try to re-check.

That grinds things to a halt quick.

The end result of all this is letting the GM use any Gamebox as a tool to manage effects of War.

Using Goblin, a party of 3 to 5 players is represented by a Leader Chit.

Now a party of players need not be directly involved in war at all, think Rhet Buttler, but when that dirty S.O.B. Sherman <veomently spits on ground> comes south it can still be helpful to the GM to know where the troops are.

Which brings up something else.
The Players don't get to see this Map at all.
This is a GM tool.

There are quite a few Talents (Stratigest) as well as Actions (Scout) that the players can use to obtain information from this Map, but you gotta go high tech, or else if have some Palantar or mayhapse an Orb (nudge nudge) to scry THAT much info...

That being said, this is why I SHAMELESSLY use CRTs for results.
Player Figures can not be killed by a CRT.
NPCs can though, leaving very bad odds for the players... but that's all in Mr. Millers' Mass Combat work.

Uhhh, let me stop writing in the mail browser and switch to notepad...

Where's the coffee?

<stumbles away from machine>