Re: (TFT) Thoughts on flight.

In a message dated 4/26/2008 5:01:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
selfinflicted_wounds@boardermail.com writes:

> How do you imagine a flight spell to work?

I treat it as something like walking or skating on air, or riding an
invisible flying mount, rather than swimming through the air or superhero style
flight.

The flying character is upright, and uses an extension of my mounted combat
house rules. In fact my house rules for "mounted & aerial combat" form a single
unit: Riding a horse or other ground-based steed is much like flying at an
altitude of 1 meter up. The difference is mostly an additional -1 Dx penalty for
actually flying rather than riding a ground-based mount.

Non-horseman: -3 Dx on a horse, -4 Dx flying
Horseman talent: -1 Dx on a horse, -2 Dx flying
Expert Horseman: -0 Dx on a horse, -1 Dx flying.