Re: (TFT) Units

On Sat, April 26, 2008 2:49 pm, Jay Carlisle wrote:
> IQ 12 is Fireball, nie?

Yes.

> 1 in 300 are Wizards.
> That's 50.
>
> 1 in 50 aprnt.
> So 300.

What?

> If a Chit is 25 men in Goblin, this is 14 Chits, 2 are Wizards.

What? You mean, 14 companies of 25 fighters, and 2 companies of 25 Wizards?

> So what is the biggest fireball these guys can throw at a single hex?
> (5pts dam per 1pt ST)

Most damage is 5/1pt ST, but the chance is really low of rolling all 6's
above about 3 dice.

How about average damage per ST is 2.5. (1+6/2 -1 = 2.5)

> I figure it at ~ 16,000pts dam

So 50 wizards, average 8 fST to use each human wizard without going
unconscious, so 50 x 8 x 2.5 = 1000 pts damage average.

> @ 100psi per 1pt dam this is 1,600,000psi

psi? Seems to me fireballs would do damage by heat rather than pressure.

I'd add up the heat and then use a generic heat formula to determine
conflagration effects... of course, it sounded to me like you were also
assuming they all manage to hit the same hex at the same time...