Re: (TFT) Units

Oops! Jay speak! Sorry Peter.
Aprentices, I figure these guys know Aid and so are basicly walking ST batteries.

> Is it a packing problem? It seems pretty clear to me that the fireball
> spell is limited to injuring one target. Especially if you have the "Fire
> Blast" spell or "Explosive Fireball" spell to contrast it to (see
> Interplay).

also

> Up to how you define it. As I said, my interpretation is that the damage
> is concentrated in one hex, but I'm intrigued by your idea as an alternate
> way to play.

I got you Peter.
I suspose my view on Fireballs has been somewhat tainted by D&D.
Also, at a certian level of experience it becomes easier for a bad guy to kill towns for points rather than individuals or critters.
Then there's that ruins thing in Goblin to account for.
And tactical nukes.
And NEO's punching through.
Heck, what was that mad russian? Velokowski? Worlds In Collision?
Why not?
Which brings me to questions like "How many dammage pts. can a singel hex hold?"

I'm also looking at a maximum in an ideal situation, in which the social structure is set up in such a way that each person is used to their full potential.
I'm useing medieval England as "background" which means easily 2/3rds of the population are serfs.
Serfs don't go to monostary and so I say they don't go to acadame either.
This means that the Countys Guild (in Goblin) has about 16 members right now.
there's only 5000 folks to deal with as far as non farm jobs.
If that sounds like alot, it isn't.
Most of these guys are only gonna be part-time solders, so they wont have many orders (Talents learned as a group, like 25 guys all casting Aid in unison) and therefore their Actions in Mass Combat will be pretty limited.

In other words, these Units don't have class distenctions like regular or irregular, or A,B,C and D.
But if you raise a mob of untrained people, about all you can do with them is to walk them to a place, point and yell go.

Any Tallent can be learned by a Unit as an Order.

Anyway, my ideas are just that, not an imperative to PLAY THIS WAY!
The sounding board I have for this stuff is you guys and the inside of my skull, and the latter has taken quite a pounding.
(The former too for that matter)

Heck, it could be worse!
I could LIVE near you.
I have this habit of drinking around the area that I live and proudly stand in that long, old Southern tradition of 'I don't give a #*@&!'
This means that as quick as I can pop a top, Jay's explaining to everybody in sight EXACTALLY how their mistaken about sex, religion, and politics (a form of religion).
Obviously I get my ass whupted.
Well and often.
But as I'm getting older, or not dieing from this awful habit, I've aparently gotten better at it.
So it seems I've picked up yet another rotten habit.
This writeing thing is, is, ....

yeck

Jay