From: tft-admin@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-admin@brainiac.com] On Behalf Of
dwtulloh61@cox.net
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 3:25 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Cc: Sgt Hulka
Subject: Re: (TFT) Active Defense: the Block

I seem to recall something in Steve Jacksons discussion regarding the
development of GURPS that he initially did something similar:
You roll to attack ... the defend rolls to defend.

Although it more accurately modelled combat, his playtesters didn't like it
becase it was "too much die rolling."  Personally, I disagree.
So while I would argue for something similar to what you are proposing, you
may be facing an uphill climb with players wanting to resolve combat in a
single die roll.  (which can be done - but you have to use a handful of
multi-colored dice to do it)

Dan

---- Sgt Hulka <hulkasgt@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've noticed some discussion on this list in the past about how to
> incorporate "active defense" in TFT. Between some begrudging agreement
> with some of the points made in those posts and my own
dis-satisfaction with the way shields and dodge/defend work,  ...