RE: (TFT) word value

> > Is there any specific point you would like to discuss.

> > Besides the correct use of the adjective "harsh."

> > David Michael Grouchy II

> No.

> Erol K. Bayburt

     Ok, then lets talk about the specific words that can be characterized by
that harshness. Here are a small series of Erol quotes. In his own words...

[begin series of Erol quotes]

     My initial w/i/l/d/a/s/s/e/d/ g/u/e/s/s/ estimate is that it should be
somewhere between 10x and 100x as much light as a torch, lantern, or Light
spell.

     - Sep 2003

     The best (or worst) expression of this is the cover of the latest edition
of GURPS Swashbucklers, vs the cover of the earlier edition, but the same
attitude can be found in such optional rules as "bulletproof nudity" and the
intro to GURPS Supers where the author basically shat on the genre.

     - Sep 2003

     I'm not denying that weird shit can and does happen in combat.

     - Apr 2004

     Actually, I agree with you that cheap piece-of-shit weapons should break
on an 18.

     - Feb 2004

     I suppose that one other place for spell fumbles is in a "bugger the
wizards with ten feet of rusty wought-iron fence and no lubricants" campaign -
but I wouldn't want to touch such a game with ten feet of rusty wrought-iron
fence.

     - Feb 2004

     And above all, *please* don't try to tell me that it's "more realistic"
to have Bad Shit happen ten or a hundred or a thousand times more often than
would happen in real life.

     - Feb 2004

     I dumped the "Crippling Hits" rules . . .
     I just dropped the rules for "great St" wrt armor penalties.
Encumbrance is another case where I've concluded that simple elegant rules are
impossible.

     - Mar 2005

     Is anyone here?

     - Jun 2006

[/end series of Erol quotes]

> > At least now I have a voice at the table,

> > unlike the past year and half.

> > David Michael Grouchy II

> I have not been stopping you from posting here.

> Erol K. Bayburt

     Really?

     I'm supposed to continue drinking from the lake after the water has been
made so incredibly muddy. Waiting calmly for the mud and silt to settle back
down to the bottom shouldn't be to my taste at all should it. Speaking from
the heart, I think you are brilliant. But could you dial it down one click.
Not fill then etire space with your presence.

     I mean I appreciate the traditions of the watering hole. Natural
predators refrain from attacking each other, or even their prey, when they
come together to drink. So no, you have not kept me away per se. But the
general splashing around and casual dismissals wrapped in clever repartee have
kept me rather a thirst for too long now. Even I am intimidated by some of
your reasoning and logics.

     I do expect a level of decorum and refinement though. We would all like
to drink here. While I would not presume to speak on what would constitute a
gentle demeanor, I can introduce you to someone who can. And now I shall
quietly close with this quote. A quote from someone completely out of fashion.
>From an era long gone by.

     David Michael Grouchy II

     "All that goes to constitute a gentleman, - the carriage, gait, address,
gestures, voice, the ease, the self-possession, the power of conversing, the
talent of not offending, the lofty principles, the delicacy of thought, the
happiness of expression, the taste and propriety, the generosity and
forbearance, the candor and consideration, the openness of hand."

     -Cardinal Newman