Re: (TFT) Natural Magic User

> ---- Edward Villarreal <edwardv@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One of my house rules.
> >
> > If a characters race is listed as a *natural magic user* they get a
> > bonus to their capacity to use magic.  They have an additional
> > reservoir of points to power their spells.
>
> > This reservoir must be actively charged;  it is charged by casting
> > spells using strength, every five points of ST used to cast a spell
> > places one point into this reservoir.
>
> This is different than what I am suggesting ... the wizard is powering
> the reservoir ... not sure what it means to be a "natural magic user"
> in that case.

I made up a list of races among them Elves, Goblins, and Titians, (a new
race I added) that get this bonus.

> > After sleep even a short nap it is completely drained.
>
> This is the part that bugged me the most.

I wanted to keep the bonus limited, and did not want to make it too easy to
use.  My rational was that these races must consciously maintain this
additional pool of power.  When they sleep the power drains away.  I
consider TFT to be fairly well balanced, if I made the bonus these races
received too great every one would want to play one to the detriment of the
other races.