Re: (TFT) Odds Question/Musings

If I lose initiative I believe I might take the defend option, delaying my
attack until after the Templar Knight is engaged and no longer has a charge
attack.  He gets a free charge attack on me, but is rolling DX 11 on 4
dice.

If I win initiative and I can move so that he must move more than half his
MA, then I move first, he can then chose to engage but does not have an
attack.  If he chooses not to engage so as to preserve his charge attack on
the next turn we are back to our starting condition but he will be closer
and I will likely not be able to again prevent a charge attack.

If I win initiative but can not move out of his attack range then I force
him to move first, and on my move (if engaged) will shift to a side hex if I
can, if I can't move to a side hex I will choose to defend again.  If not
engaged I will try to move to a rear or side hex and attack (note that if I
can move out of being directly in front of BOTH the rider AND his mount I
will take at most 1 D + 2 damage).   If I survive his attack we begin normal
combat where the Cavalry Lance is at a disadvantage.

If I am a pole weapon user I will make sure I have a thrown weapon attack,
generally a boomerang, using the boomerang until I need to ready my pole
weapon.

ed