RE: (TFT) Theory of dungeons

>> I agree- all of the below, although I've never really like the
randomly
populated hole in the ground. That reminds me too much of the module
"Caves
of Chaos" from the old AD&D. << Aidan

So do some people feel there is a natural progression of encounters that
should occur in a dungeon?

Maybe Keep on the Borderlands influenced me too much, but dungeons seem
to be various enconters and challenges that can be accessed by explorers
depending upon what route they take through the dungeon.  Usually there
is one key room at the end of a dungeon where one finds their quest
goal...but outside of that, they are essentially a random access
adventure.

Since rooms could be bypassed or unexplored in any given dungeon, aren't
they all a shoe box of chaos?

Cheers!
Christopher