Re: (TFT) Staff and Pole Ax

The pole weapon could be made of iron, and that does not effect the chance of casting staff on it. Any item made of iron will effect the Adj Dx of the wizard wielding it.

Possible Exception ?
If the character casting the staff spell is not a wizard.
e.g a Hero that spent 3 talent points to learn staff...

I'm not sure if anyone could cast staff from a scroll, or if the resulting staff would only be loyal to the wizard that created the scroll ?
There's a wicked part of me that sees the potential for a trick/trap here.

I would allow a wizard to cast staff from a book. As a careful wizard might conceivably only ever need to cast staff once in their life time it seems excessive to demand they have to learn it permanently.

In my campaign world there is a staff ceremony when an apprentice graduates to journeyman wizard. They create their staff in the presence of their Master(s) or the Guild. The staff is regarded as the emblem of a Wizard. Much more so than a pointy hat with stars on it, but that helps too...

Regards,

Chris

Chris Nicole
www.loran.karoo.net/