Re: (TFT) Justifying an aspect of combat...

What? who? me???  I dont prefer GURPS. This is not a flame on gurps but: if
you look at the gurps compendium it outlines the 37plus steps of combat... I
dont want to play in a game like that.

i do play champions/hero games regularly. Ive learned to love/hate the ocv
vs dcv roll, which basically says: its harder to hit some one who has a
higher DCV than your OCV.

today while the rains pelted my window I sat down and try to re-analyze TFT
combat. Let me tell you, i totally love TFT, otherwise I would be here. I
also haven't played tft since the early 90s. But, i really enjoy reading
about it, and am trying to get my group to try it out.

What I was thinking about in my headroom was that if you only roll your own
adjDX to hit, and not take your opponents defensive ability into
consideration ( like herogames does) you are basically only going against
your OWN ability to hit something.

I didn't remember about the dodge/defend rule at all. if some one defends
they are harder to hit, thus the 4d6 instead of the 3d6 to hit.

I  have carefully looked over all the comments by people and have decided,
the rules are just fine.