Re: (TFT) bursting pimples at the list

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:46:27 GMT
"maou_tsaou1@netzero.net" <maou_tsaou1@netzero.net> wrote:
> So what is the curve for three 14 sided die?

A long day, I'm exhausted, there's much still to do, and emails up the
yazoo...  and I start with Jay?  Lock me up now.

I could figure out the probabilities of 3d14, and even draw a curve
for you, and guess what?  It'll have roughly the same geometry as
3d6.

In brief, because that's all I have stamina for, I like the 3d6 versus
1d20 for the bell curve.  Rolling a 3 on 3d6 is a lot less likely than
rolling a 1 on 1d20 (0.463 vs. 5 percent).  In my head, this makes the
concept of the saving roll with a 1 in DND to be overly generous,
while having an 18 in TFT be an auto-fail with a broken weapon to
be more... right? realistic?  Beats the hell out of me.

Bedtime for this Bonzo...  I'll try to address this tomorrow, assuming
the computers all behave themselves for me.