1 LITERACY	2 MATHEMATICIAN
1 SWIMMING	1 DIPLOMACY
1 CLIMBING	1 German (language)

Studying:

UC 1
ENGINEER
TACTICS

Equipment:

Uh, yeah. Bow, Quiver, pocketknife and dive knife, more antique computers than I can carry. Backpack, canteen, good jacket, "Light" item (well, the batteries'll run out before too long), granola bars...

Comments:
ST: Sigh. I *almost* think I could pull a longbow, assuming a longbow is 55 lb draw weight. But probably not every 5 seconds. My bow is 45 lbs. and on a good day I can put 6 arrows in a 1-foot diameter target at 30 paces in 35 seconds, starting from bow slung across my body. So I'm claiming ST: 10, "Bow", and DX: 11 based on that. (The target is sitting still and not threatening me, else I'd claim higher DX.)

Sword: 2 semesters, foil and epee, in college. Not claiming fencing, though.
Boating: Canoeing (flat and white water), sailing, rowing, motorboats.
Swimming/Diving: I've seen 60 ft. on my depth gauge - snorkelling. And I know
	CPR.
Mechanician: *almost* claimed "master mechanician". Honestly, I do recognize
	most technological artifacts, and take them apart. Some work when
	I put them back together. But I don't do traps very much, so I skipped
	on the "master".
Physicker: Multiple first aid courses, good understanding of modern medicine
(ie, I don't bleed people to cure colds). I know how to treat for shock,
	and where the pressure points are, and have an idea of sterile
	technique.
Mathematician: Clean miss on astrology. On the other hand, I *do* know calculus,
	orbital mechanics, etc. I think this is a fair claim.
Climbing: 2 courses with Sierra Club, experience on the local boulders and
	trees. This one may be debatable, due to lack of practice.
Diplomacy: System Engineers *have* to talk nice to everyone. This is debatable
	too, but I still claim it.

UC1: Aikido 2 years, Kung-fu 2 years. But 15 years ago, and way out
	of practice. I'd *really* like to claim this, but I don't think I can.
Tactics: Well, I'm on this list. Dunno whether I could do it in a battle, but
	I know *way* more than the average non-wargamer about concentration
	of force, mobility as a weapon, etc.
Engineer: Actually, I *have* built a trebuchet. Granted, it was from a kit and
	only about a foot tall, but I understand the principle. And I certainly
	claim "engineer" on my employment surveys...

I'd like to claim "guns" - I've shot pistols and skeet - but all the weapons I've shot used cartridges. I doubt I could maintain or effectively use arquebus or blunderbuss.

Overall, not awesome for a character with 28 years of experience (since age 18). But I'm not counting system engineering, several computer languages, driver (of a vehicle with 230 horses! :-) ), and a bunch of other stuff.

Best part of playing myself is, I'd probably get put in the back with my bow. So at least I'd die last in a melee ;-).

--
						- Mark     210-379-4635