Re: (TFT) Hirst Arts Melee/Wizard Arena

So I'm looking at the Spell Table and it's pretty obvious that some of the spells are related, but how deep does this go?
Can I consider the more powerful spells to be combinations of the less powerful spells taken to new scale levels of power?
So something like Teleport might be considered to be a powerful combination of Blur and Speed Movement?

In that vein I consider Lock/Knock to be a somewhat mundane use of the enchantments used to fix magic to items in item creation.

I've notes on MY impressions of the "axiomatic" spells, but I'm curious as to what others think about this approach.
Is there any merit here?
I feel this would help to clarify New Spell Creation TFT AW pg. 23
Magic however is not my strongest point.
I don't feel this would "break" the system but I'd appreciate my betters thoughts on this one.

What can a Battalion of Wizards with apprentice support do on the battle field?
As things stand right now, it's almost like they are armed with atomic hand grenades, an OLD Paranoia gag from the R & D boys.
Think AD&D Fireballs cast in a tiny dungeon room, but on the battlefield.
I think I can see some "tricks" to work around this but...