Re: (TFT) Hirst Arts Melee/Wizard Arena

That's fantastic; thanks for posting.

I'm just curious...what made you decide to use a +1/-1 AdjDex per level height advantage rather than the overall +2/-2 AdjDex per level described in Advanced Melee, page 25? I ask because I fear +1/-1 per level might get out of hand rather quickly. While your old(er) 28mm Citadel minis are size 1/2/3, my Reaper, Alternative Armies, Heroscape, and other 32mm figures are closer to size 3/4/5, requiring more extreme elevation changes. With your figures, a 5 elevation change will usually result in an inability for figures to attack eachother. But with mine, two large(ish) humans will definitely be able to attack each other. That results in a +5/-5 AdjDex, which seems pretty extreme, while with your figures the maximum is a more manageable +3/-3. Alternatively, I can see playing with toy soldiers as small as 20mm (1/72) and as large as 54mm (1/32). So I'd prefer a rule that is less variable with figure size...i.e. the blanket +2/-2. I don't mind the use of
 figure size as a guage for what can be climbed and attacked...that all evens out in the wash.

I understand that it probably doesn't matter to you -- you're doing this for your own fun and your own figures, not for everyone else. But because your pictures are so inspiring, and your downloads are so well-produced and accessible, whether you like it or not you are the central hub of "Melee/Wizard Heroscape Wargaming."

Secondly, although I know you don't use talents, I'd love to see some nod to them...like Climbers only requiring to throw 2 dice instead of 3.

Anyway, I'm anxious to try a Viking Longship versus Kogge boarding action in the next few weeks, and since the Kogge rides higher in the water and has two castles, the aft of which is 5 hex sides tall, I'll need elevation rules. I'll use your rules as written so if/when I play it out I'll post my experiences to this list.

Thanks again.