Re: (TFT) Bringing Melee Wizard into the 3rd Dimension

One idea I toyed with was this: the higher up you go the greater the plus to hit, up to a point, then it starts going back down again. Think of standing a few steps higher than your foe on a staircase. You'd be at an advantage, thus a plus to hit him. But another person, standing to the left and on a much higher landing for instance, would actually have to stoop somewhat to hit the lower foe. Not a great combat stance to be in and so, perhaps, he would not gain any pluses. It's a more complicated rule but it is something that I had considered but eventually decided against. Maybe that could work for you.

Modifiers to hit due to height:

One level higher		+1
Two levels higher	+2
Three levels higher	+1
Four levels higher	-
Five levels higher	-1
Six levels higher		-2

One level lower		-1
Two levels lower		-2
Three levels lower	-3
Four levels lower		-4
etc....

Of course I'm really just talking off the top of my head here. This might cause other problems I haven't thought through yet. What's everyone else's thoughts?

David O. Miller