(TFT) Dragons of Underearth Versus Melee/Advanced Melee/Wizard/Advanced Wizard

There are things I really like about Dragons of Underearth, not the least of which is its simplicity and clarity as compared to the rest of The Fantasy Trip. But there are other things I don't like. I decided to go through it and record the changes Dragons of Underearth make with the other versions of the Fantasy Trip. If you can think of others that I missed, let me know:

DRAGONS OF UNDEREARTH CHANGES:
CHARACTER MODULE
7.0 Wizard may not wear Chain or Plate Armor (same as basic Wizard)
8.2 Number of Weapons: 3 Weapons plus dagger if all are one-handed.
8.7 Wizards may not have any weapon but Staff (same as basic Wizard)
9.1 Slung shields subtract from dexterity just like readied ones.
9.2 Great Strength: 18-21 reduce Armor Penalty by 1, 22-25 reduce Armor Penalty by 2, 26-30 reduce armor penalty by 3
10.2 Great Strength: 18-21 +1 MA in armor, 22-25 +2 MA in armor, 26-30 +4 MA in armor
11.2 Making Magic Weapons: Automatically gain magic items for free if have Creation spell, Master Armourer Talent, Chemist or Alchemy Talent
DX Adjustments: 0/-4 Two Weapons talent,
COMBAT MODULE
IV. Options: No dodge, no hand-to-hand combat, no defend. Options based on Movement, not on engagement status. Movement based on engagement status.
5.4 Other Figures: You may not move through friendly figures.
5.5 Multi-Hex Figures: Multi-hex figures may move as far as they like while shifting, so long as they remain engaged. No Trample option.
5.6 No Flight allowed.
7.4 No critical hits or misses
7.5 Pole Weapons, double damage charging or set for charge, but no +2 AdjDex setting for charge, and no automatically attacking first during charge/set for charge.
7.6 Slung shields don't protect knocked-down figures.
8.0 Disengaging happens at the end of the options phase, so all attacks are resolved before disengaging occurs.
9.1 Dead counters are removed at end of round.
9.2 Unconscious Counters are removed at end of round.
9.4 Knocked down counters are clarified as only being able to move 1 hex. 16 hits for ST 30; 25 hits for ST 50.
9.5 May force retreat with adjacent missile weapon attack
10.0 Thrown Weapons don't travel 10 hexes. No indication of where they land.
10.2 May not roll to miss; may only throw over adjacent friendly figures.
11.0 Missile Weapons don't travel after they miss. 10.2 rule.
11.6 Range and magic on target does not adjust dex for purposes of multiple missile attacks.
14.0 Bare Hand attacks: same chart as Advanced Melee
15.0 Missile Spells don't travel if they miss. 10.2 rule.

How do you guys feel about these changes?

Personally, I like the change in 9.1, it bothered me that you could sling a tower shield and gain protection without Dex penalty.

I love the changes to great strength. They're simpler and don't require a chart.

I love the chages to magic item creation although, admittedly, they're better suited to boardgame or wargame style play than to a proper role-playing game.

The change to Two Weapons I'm not so keen on. That's a high IQ talent and it doesn't seem worth it in this version. I also mourn the loss of fencing and unarmed combat talents (more on those later).

In the combat module, I like the Advanced Melee-style change to the way options are explained. However, I'm really disappointed to lose Hand-to-Hand combat, Dodging and Defending. Those three rules really expand the tactical aspects of combat. To be fair to Dragons of Underearth, it does say "feel free to add more options from Melee if you have it" so you could simply add all three of those things without hurting the system.

I'm not so fond of the nerfing of Pole Weapons, but I can live with it.

I really don't like the change to the disengaging rule. It nerfs high-Dex fighters, but maybe that's the whole point.

I don't like the removal of dead and unconscious counters, but I can understand how that makes combat a lot simpler.

I like getting rid of rolling to miss, but I don't particlularly like losing the extended effects of thrown and missile weapons that miss. Still, I can live with this simpler version.

Finally, I love Advanced Melee's mounted combat rules and I'm bummed to lose them here.