(TFT) Half-Hex Corridors

Out of curiosity I recently checked out the thumbnails of the Steve Jackson Games' old Cardboard Heroes Dungeon floors to see how they used hexes for square rooms. I was surprised to see 1-hex wide corridors that alternated between full and half-hexes:

http://www.sjgames.com/heroes/artdf9.html

I guess the "ruling" for movement on those corridors would be to treat two half-hexes as a full hex. But that could get messy if players wanted to start ending their moves "between hexes" on a regular board.