Re: (TFT) TFT Mapping

Hi all,

I just found this interesting site which may satisfy certain world-building urges that some may have.
http://www.mentalwasteland.net/HexMapper/contact.html

>From the site: "HexMapper is an application for building hex-based maps for RPGs, table-top wargames and other such games. It was written in Java 1.5, and I tried to make it as native feeling in all OSs as possible.

The basic idea behind HexMapper is to start with a high level broad scale view of the world to be mapped, and burrow down to finer levels of detail where needed as needed. It's possible to eventually map an entire continent at a tactical map level (although that would require on the order of 10-20Gb of storage). "

Someone may have mentioned this earlier, but I couldn't readily find it. (I didn't really look that hard, though)

- Marc (after about a one year break)