Re: (TFT) Interesting re: Thrown Pole Weapons

AFAIK only spears and javelins can be thrown, anyway. Still, that's the equivelant of 2+4 damage on a thrown spear.

I'd be inclined to allow the ruling until determined too abusive. Remember that in basic melee there is no thrown weapon talent and you're only allowed two weapons. So this is a one-shot attack that will likely miss (-1 AdjDex per hex) and/or will leave you vulnerable to counter-attack (unarmed and within a hex or two of your opponent).

The only things that bother me about the ruling is that a) the other historical "big damage" thrown weapon -- the axe -- isn't nearly as threating and b) I'm only aware of cavalry troops gaining a significant advantage charging and throwing javelins, not foot troops.