Re: (TFT) Axe vs. Mace/shortsword damage

I think part of the reason that 'in reality' some axes and hammers can be thrown while others cannot has to do with the balance point of the individual weapon. A weapon not balanced for throwing will be much tougher to strike with the 'damage' part rather than some other part (handle, etc.).

Some hammers and axes have historically been designed to reach over and grab the opponents shield or just negate the shield (by using a spike on the end of the weapon) rather than for throwing.