Re: (TFT) Suggested house rules: Tool Elementals

More on Lego's and hexes.

So a six foot tall Figure standing at attention fits in a space given by four standard height Lego's (3/8th inch * 4 = 1.5") that are 2 dots wide (5/8th") by 1 dot deep (5/16").
As can be seen, this isn't gonna be awfully accurate but it's a visual help.

A square hexes volume can be roughly given by 3 standard height Lego thickness', arranged north to south, that has a top view of a row of 3 dots, then two rows of 5 dots finished with a row of 3 dots.

Recalls that at 6' tall a normally proportioned  Figures' head should be 9" tall and the overall height should be 8 heads in height.
So technically 1 6' tall head unit is 1/2 a standard Lego in height.
So out of the 4 blocks that give a 6' tall human Figure standing at attention the bottom most block runs from the bottom of the feet to the knees, then the knees to the crotch, the crotch to the nipples, and the nipples to the top of the head.

So if I go ahead and look at hexes as columns (at least for melee purposes...) then this puts a 6 foot tall Figures head in the bottom third of the 2nd tier of hexes in the column.

I didn't know if you knew that.

In a heavier than air, gas poisoning situation (cooking on a gas stove in a tent) I'd expect the Halflings to drop first.

With about 2 foot long arms and about 6" for hands I expect the flatfooted reach to have a maximum height of about 1 and two thirds hexes in height.

The Vitruvian Lego Man at this scale isn't too impresive looking except for the 3d part of the reach.

Don't like math?
I understand.
I can barely do arithmetic myself.
Let me build you a picture of what I'm talking about.

Oh yes, speaking of reach.
So a standard Lego height is 1.5 feet.
Three of the flattest Lego pieces equal a standard Lego height; ergo 1 flat piece height is 6" or basically 2 Scale-squares or 'moments'.

When your as screwy as I am I've found that a whole lot of visual aids are required if your ever gonna have a chance of communicating.
I'm not advocating "let's play equations!"
The math is buried in the components.

OH YEAH!
Toward Space Opera.
Check out the white dwarf BPM 37093
It's a diamond that weighs 10 billion trillion trillion carets.
Now THAT'S a ST batery!
Exercise for the class, how long to charge the thing useing present day population figures, including projected growth curves?

Oink!
Flap, flap, flap...