Re: (TFT) Video #5

Following the Pecos north from the Red Bluff Reservoir at the Delaware the next outlet is the Black flowing from the west.
Follow the Black west to Guadalupe Ridge (6350 feet) leaving the stream when she turns southerly to climb the ridge to the north.
Follow the high ground west, looking for bats.
They'll show you the opening.
(Of course there's a parking lot, ticket office and elevator there these days, that might help...)

I've got her mapped now.

Yet another project unsuited to words.

The Coliseum, Wrigley Field, Mount Everest and now Carlsbad.

That's not the point.

I got my depth map from an October 1953 National Geographic article.

Well they took a picture.

The rub is that it was a picture of the "Big Room".

About 14 football fields in area.

In '53 this required flash bulbs.

2,400 experimental bulbs from Sylvania @ ~ 77,500 watts each.

This speaks volumes for the Light spell.

Of course there are bigger "Big Rooms" in the earth.
The largest I've yet found is Carlista Cavern in Spain.

Near the northern coast, in the Cantabrian Mountains west of Bilbao, there is a little hole in the ground about three feet wide and 10 feet long.
A stone dropped into the abyss hints at something more but no record of exploration exists until 1958.
Over 150 feet straight down like a chimney.
Then she starts to widen.

1,700 feet long, 800 feet wide and 400 feet to the ceiling at its highest point.
That's like 20 acres or something like 18 football fields.

Exercise for the class.
How many watts for THAT cavern?

So, when I do the unthinkable (what do you think these games are good for?) and throw a bunch of you yahoos down there with whatever "Milo and Otis" type scenario I pull outta my neathers so that you can kill things, what I wanna know is what happens when somebody falls on the "Doll Theater"?

I'd never dream of destroying such wonderful stuff, but y'all will.
Count on it.
I'M the GM.

Why should I be fair?