(TFT) Not-Sci-Fi Weapons for TFT (more steampunk-chthulhu-ey...)

I was reading these books recently:

http://www.monsterbloodtattoo.com/

And there was a cool idea - this guy (an aussie BTW) writes in a manner of
HP Lovecraft ala Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath but with the guts to describe
some of the icky stuff, and make it sound as creepy as HPL not describing
it. No mean feat.

One idea is a small serpentine familiar/ST-battery/wand hybrid thingey - a
Living Wand

Snake-like critter which coils around dominant hand and arm. Needs feeding
of blood (not an easy thing to get in a squeamish society mebbe), letsay 1
pint metabolises into 1 fST in a 12 hour period. Can also fire a jet of
something - letsay acid but like a Fireball as a Missile Weapon.

Could be surgically fused as an appendage in a weird culture, or just be
some form of familiar.

Anyway, I just fired this off half-baked as I liked the idea when I read it
- the creepy living wand....
Cas

PS: I have deja vous - did I fire this off before or did I mean to and
forget....