Re: (TFT) Sci-Fi Weapons for TFT

Snapshot is indeed a great game; I still play it.

The one thing I would point out about snapshot...one of it's most important mechanics, in my opinion...is the ability to cover-fire (I can't remember what term they use for it in the rules off hand). If you don't move, you can fire at anyone who comes out into the open.

If you were doing this for TFT, I'd recommend coming up with a mechanic for guns something like Pikes...they can attack in the movement phase.

Personally, though, I'd just play Snapshot. It has a lot in common with TFT -- three characteristics, each characteristic important, optimal weapon based on ST/DX combo, mechanically simple but tactically complex.

There's also Starleader: Assault, or whatever it was called, that was supposedly TFT in space. It's gotten a bit panned on the net but there's a guy at my FLGS who swears that it's awesome.

And, as David mentions below, Dark City Games has a sci-fi version of their TFT rules, and they even have a free download of a "repel boarders" microquest.

Finally, check this out:

http://www.funny-games.biz/alienstheboardgame.html

If that doesn't scratch your Space Hulk itch I don't know what will.