RE: (TFT) Vote on Initiative

Paladins win

-----Original Message-----
From: tft-admin@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-admin@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
Sgt Hulka
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2009 9:47 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Vote on Initiative

Just to mix things up a bit, I've decided to determine the initiative of an
upcoming combat not with a die roll, but with a vote on who "wins" the
pre-combat trash talk. You guys decide! Who wins initiative?

Two Paladins, Sir Travis and Sir Rorschach, waylay travelers on "Hedonist
Street". The Player-Characters seemed unintersted in convincing the Paladins
that their intentions are noble, choosing instead to challenge the Paladins'
manhood:

"I take it you are nobles? Then you must take great offense to my
compatriot, here, in his shiny plate suit! We spit on your inbred, perfumed,
silk stocking'd, ass-packing nobility. Come here and teach me your finer
arts of dueling."

The Paladins responded:

"This rain can wash the dirt from your body, but it can not wash the stain
from your soul. A storm is mere water; I offer a tempest of blood. Lay down
your weapons and submit to a sharp-edged baptism. Mitra will decide if you
are worthy of redemption."

To be clear, I'm making no claim that either of the challenges is
particularly good. I'm just asking -- which is better? Who wins the
pre-battle contest of intimidation and, by extension, initiative?