To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 9:39 AM
Subject: (TFT) ST Aid Questions

Say I have a ST 12 Wizard who casts 3 points of Aid on himself, bringing his own ST to 15.

He's armed with a Maul. Normally that does 1+2 damage, but with the strength boost it increases to 1+4.

Now he takes 5 hits of damage. He has 5 wounds, and 3 fatigue (as a result of the Aid spell). But his Aid spell hasn't yet worn off. Does he still do 1+4 damage? Or has that hit effectively "removed" the Aided ST?

I'd say "no", it hasn't "removed" the Aided ST, anymore than a hit "removes" regular ST...you can still wield a Broadsword even if your ST 12 hero takes 6 wounds. But I'm curious as to what you guys think, and it brings up a further question...

Say I have a ST 12 Hero. He is "aided" with 3 ST by a friendly Wizard to ST 15. He takes 12 wounds before the "aid" wears off. He's still standing at ST 3. Now the "aid" wears off. Does he die?

Again, I'd say "no", based on the way apprentices use aid to cast high fatigue spells. But, admittedly, that's fatigue, not actual wounds, and there's no penalty for dropping to -50 fatigue once the aid spells wear off.

So how do you guys rule?