Re: (TFT) To Pay or Not To Pay; THAT is the Question...!

< Jay, I just tend to be methodical and/or rambling sometimes when I try to explain a miscommunication. >

Says Peter to a king of babble!

< No worries. >

This is good to hear because you are one of my top ten corospondents and that list is not even half full.

< I fancy it'd be pretty unlikely to make me angry with you, especially via this forum. >

Don't underestimate me...

< You're very welcome, and I have no idea how proud you were to find me in the MoM FAQ, but it's interesting. >

Well it tickeled me greatly.
This goes back to the top ten corospondent thing...

< You are certainly a unique and interesting gamer. >

This goes back to the weirdo thing.
ROTFLMAO!

< I toy with the idea of binding a printout of "All the Jay Posts" and then reading them all end to end. >

For gods sake man BE CAREFUL!
I've said this before, I'm an emanuencences for my insanity.
Jay in a big dose like that?

"MA! DAD! DON'T TOUCH IT! It's pure evil."

< It'd make a great artifact, too. >

Yeah, all black and crusty...

< Imagine a non-gamer finding it stuck in the bowels of a university library, filed under enigmas or something. ;-) >

Lord is THAT what I'm doing?
Making MORE Maou Tsaous?

and...

>> RULES ARE FREE!

>Yes, but paper, ink, layout, design, artwork, marketing and distribution costs money.

OH GAVIN!
PLEASE DON'T THINK THIS MEANS I'm ABANDONING YOU!
I have stuff for both you and George.
Part of it is that perfection thing.
The George issue is delivering a "readable" programed adventure.
Jay might as well teach shorthand cause nobody can read it but me.
That's no good.

>> And MY players are free to use the cheapest components they can manage.

>Cheap is Good.

I think so.
I'd hate to exclude somebody because of money.
I've had people devote thier being to defeating me in games.
It's kinda flattering to know that someone wants to beat you SO bad that they'll spend $100 on stupid Magic cards.
I recall when Chicago thought he was finally gonna whup me at Madden.
It was just a kick off.

Coach can beat me at Madden.

Howie and Brian can beat me at Trival Presuit.

I've made bars quit giving free daquris to the triva winners cause it was me everytime.
Ever see the WKRP episode where they tried to liquor up Jonny Fevor?

DING!

>> How much does it cost to play?  I'd like to keep it as free as possable.

>Very admirable, and I agree whole-heartedly.

Here's a figure outta my neathers.
$26
Why?
"I'm waiting for the man..."
This figure won't bankrupt anyone and will help with the fact that gamers are a small audience.
If the audience was big then we could do pennies... elseif Mr. G needs more than a chain letter dollar to keep the thing going.
I have some "vague" idea of what your trying to do Sir.

>> My point here is that if your Figure is SOMEWHERE on the battlefield and
>> has a car then as a GM it's up to me to describe the abalities of the
>> equipment sufficently so that the outcomes y'all are predicting are pretty
>> much what's gonna happen if'n a player drives his car AT the Oger.

>I am confident I could describe this situation to my

Morrison once asked me if my life was worth a movie.
I don't know about that, but I ask you this.
Is your game good enough to write screenplays?
Look at the yahoos writing now.
Excepting a couple.
Glengary Glenross is cussing to an art.
Mamet.
And what's up with 'Adaptation'?

>> I think a game studio should produce quality adventures and components.

>Preach On!!

You already do this...
OH "I" see!

>> Locking up the rules is a nasty move.

>Preach OFF!!  "Locking up the rules" prevents doofusses from wrecking the game.

Like ME?

>I don't think there could ever exist a set of RPG rules that the
"Gamers-Of-The-Universe" (a.k.a., GOTU) agree upon.  There will never be a
<successful> RPG Wiki, or at least not on any grand scale.  Otherwise we
>would be conversing on a D&D list right now.

We converse here on the auspices of Mr. Heartly, himself a music lover.
That's not a dig, just a nod to someone who makes this possable.
I lost a book.
The reference I need is STILL here on this List.

I LOVE THIS LIST!

>The best we can hope for is get a good general consensus with enough happy
gamers to support the production source material and the maintenance of
websites.

The only things that go on my website is the stuff you and George don't want.

< sings >
Won't you bet on Stewball?
She might win, win, win.

>> A band doesn't make a ton of money off the music, that profit is for the
>> lable, the band puts the t-shirt money off the tour in their pocket.

>I play bluegrass semi-professionally, and I can assure you that there is NO
money to be made in Bluegrass music.

GO Gavin!
Jay talks outta his area again (although Vintage Dirt has to play Portland now...)
And more people love music than love gaming...
What do you think the civil war in my head was about?
YOUR the one offering ME a chance...

> In the 22+ years my band has been
together, I can tell you that the lack of pay has two effects on us.  First,
it makes us enjoy our music for the sake of the music itself.  Our motive is
not to make money, but to share in the creation, cultivation and
preservation of our special brand of art.  Secondly, it is personally
rewarding to make really fun, exciting and darn-good music and to entertain
>and share with others.  Sound familiar?

< just grins >
Uhhh, HELL YEAH!

>That being said, is sure is rewarding getting paid for making a big audience
happy!

Well THAT'S the dream.

Can you guys play "The Bluegrass Widow"?
Robet Earl Keen?

That would impress me even MORE!

YOU Sir are what I'd always hoped to become with my life.

That's not for Jay.

So?

Move me on to any black square
Use me anytime you want
Just remember that the goal
is for us ALL to captrue all we want

I take it I'm not allowed to castle with those two squares?
I suspose that's still surounding myself with myself.

But I'm wacky.
SURELY they didn't mean ME?!?

They ment everybody.

And don't call me sherly.