Re: (TFT) Is the Action Phase Dynamic or Static?

Seems to me that it would be a complex mistake to change the DX-based sequence of actions during a single turn, especially for things like to-hit modifiers. I see no credible reason why a difficult target would delay the attacker trying to hit it, or the game advantage of mixing up the sequence of play based on a decision of what target to go for. So if the DX 14 guy chooses (at DX 14 sequence) to aim at a -4 DX target, the attack then waits until the DX 10 sequence? That doesn't make logical sense, and is a pain to keep track of, it seems to me.

The guy who insists that he can get any action first by carrying a spear to combat and then not use it in his action, just seems annoying - though if he can make a coherent case for it, it sounds interesting in an "I'd be surprised" kind of way.