Re: (TFT) General test of In The Labyrinth Game Mastering 1

<
 __
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/c1\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/W \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/c2\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/W \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/c3\__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/c4\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \

W = one hex of a megahex sized well
P1-4 = player characters 1-4

   DESCRIPTION TO THE PLAYERS:  The four of you are around the city well.
The south edge of the hexes are a row of three story buildings.

[hidden info: There is an attacker on a second story balcony peeking out from the curtains.
A long time enemy of the party].

(GM rolls a series of dice)

A crossbow bolt appears in c2's chest.

You take;
(rolls two dice)
- 8 points of damage.
Your chain stops 3, so you are wounded 5.

This was a surprise attack.

New turn.

Roll for initiative.

c4: Which side is the bolt sticking out of him?

GM:  c2 is facing south and the bolt protruding from his chest is pointing south by south
east and up about forty five degrees. >

Okay, I place the shooter (s) about here.

 __
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/c1\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/W \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/c2\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/W \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/W \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/c3\__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/c4\__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \
                  / s\
                  \__/

W = one hex of a megahex sized well
P1-4 = player characters 1-4
s = shooter

< The players win Initiative and make the enemy move first.
They see no movement.
They move to (positions surounding c2).
They ready weapons and shields, except c4 who has the highest IQ, cloth armor and a stone flesh ring.

c4: I spot hidden from where I think the bolt came from.

The Gm rolls a 3 for the players spot hidden!

"You are positive no one is there.
On a second floor balcony a pair of curtains are just barely settling down in a way that tells you someone was there but has rushed to the back of the room and is gone. >

I figure this info owes to the 3?

< At this moment c2 screams in pain.
You all look and see the Bolt is actually a shapeshifted lesser demon and is eating its way into his chest, going for the heart." >

Okay...

LESSER DEMON
ST 50
DX 13
IQ 16
MA Inf.

2d6 bare-handed (hth?)
3hit skin
will not suffer magic to be used upon it.
16.6% chance (1 in 6) that a Lesser Demon Illusion will bring an angry real one.
1 hex (instead of 2.3 hexes(~3m height).
Otherwise similar to a Deamon.

AHHHH!
"I" see.

c4 is aptly named cause he said "I'll cast fire next turn" and "not till I light him up" BEFORE the next turn at which point the players let the Demon go first after hearing that crap so he used MA Inf. and got the heck outta doge.
Or c2.
The players then proceeded to slay their companion who still had 2 ST left.

I guess c4 ended up with the blunderbus...

DA DA DA DA DA DA

They say it's your birthday.

DA DA DA DA DA DA

It's my birthday too yeah!