Re: (TFT) How far I have fallen, and I can't get up.

Venerable David,

I don't think anyone wishes to see you vanish into obscurity. Besides, lurking is highly over-rated.

How about this idea instead: Try banishing all cynicism from your life. Admittedly, this will be a challenge for a guy with the last name of "Grouchy". Much like "Shorty" or "Slim", a name can shape a person's formation. You wouldn't have it much worse if your name was David Michael Jerk/Grumpy/Meany, so yours is definitely an up-hill battle.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you chose a new last name altogether. How about David Michael Cheerful/Jolly/Gracious/Friendly/Pollyanna/Goofy/Blessing. That's it: "Blessing.". I know a guy here in town who's name is "Michael Blessing". He's super nice (go figure), and I know he won't mind sharing his name with you!

Wha-da-ya-say?!

Gav

All the forums I have participated in over the past 6 years have really taken their toll on me. I have less faith in humanity and have become more reactionary. This doesn't help anyone, and evidence shows it has caused some harm. So consider this my formal announcement that I have become a lurker.

David Michael Grouchy II