[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Melee content in early Space Gamer issues
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (TFT) Melee content in early Space Gamer issues
- From: Jim Kundert <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:26:53 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=fkSC9DklyK6fMXd6PrlngZwCTC/wXxrqea3yQkdi9X8=; b=M/m7GS75pF/2wTYs0Z/Z27ah2NjrJ8C0caRX4tAQIAnULRNV3WvJM0gT2aCzk8+7jt shK1RRHjEsrufeAO2XZYkJphncLT44a+0v+aQbk/eN0WBlq3/rflAD3PczO+VFggAXp7 6PWKSPZhZ6sTEj1h9NKzN8iw7u228X5C7tyac=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=uVs0NaDc6Ee63Go6E3JqSTPtduzCzh6HbLBwv5gn1LuQ9ZxCEotIcTmjy0Kt7dksuo ytXAYaVUiwmIG2snNJQmzrA7Y7XnDzD6r6Kr0agLq5YeCDxUh6hsd8mf2Phvtp2d95ES Gp7Vzc5+X8i8aVqAt5DKrmHjcb+4wjcDpoTG8=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
I have all of those. Some are... questionable in light of later
development, as they predate ITL.
The Orc weapon articles are rather horribly broken, IIRC, being
"balanced" solely by the gamey artifice that "only orcs use these
weapons". Yeah, right.
The "Harmonious Fists" HTH articles also had some issues that I
recall, but its been literally years.
The Hymenopterans article is probably moot given their later appearance in ITL.
"Classic Simulated" is where the Pike appeared, if I recall correctly.
A lot of those articles suffered from "Lack of Steve's Vision". The
idea that the core was a simple rule set would occasionally get lost
when someone would write up a special case that had a word count
approaching the entire book for TFT:M.
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Cris Fuhrman<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Back in 1998 there was a posting about Space Gamer issues that had TFT
> content. Space Gamer mags seem hard to come by, and I wonder if anyone who
> has these would be willing to post summaries of the articles. If it were
> Life Magazine, I'm sure we could consult it on microfiche (or whatever that
> is stored on these days) from our library.
> The full posting is http://tft.brainiac.com/archive/9811/msg00211.html and
> I've quoted the articles I'm interested in knowing more about:
> Melee: New Weapons by Steve Jackson #13 pg 16
>> Hit Probabilities in Melee by Tracy Harms #13 pg 25
>> Designer's Notebook by Howard Thompson (Hymenopterans
>> in TFT #14 pg 29-30
>> Wizard: Designer's Notes by Steve Jackson #15 pg 5-8
>> Orcs and Their Weapons by Paul C. Wagner #15 pg 20-21
>> Classics Simulated by Glenn L. Williams #16 pg 8-11
>> Harmonious Fists in Melee by David James Ritchie #16 pg 12-13
>> Demons! Based on Motes in God's Eye #16 pg 16-17
>> by Bruce M. Mickelson
>> Adjusted Orc Rules (follows from article in #15) by
>> Paul C. Wagner #17 pg 14
>> More Harmony for Fists in Melee by Ronald Pehr #18 pg 17
>> Mounted Melee by Charles A. Lindley #18 pg 21-22
>> Letters: Regarding TFT articles #19 pg 29-30
>> Reality in Melee by Ronald Pehr #20 pg 23-24
> Cris Fuhrman, http://www.google.com/profiles/fuhrmanator
> Timothy Leary<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/timothy_leary.html>
> - "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
> Post to the entire list by writing to email@example.com.
> Unsubscribe by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message body
> "unsubscribe tft"
Post to the entire list by writing to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message body