[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Do certain actions delay your turn? (regarding adjDX)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: (TFT) Do certain actions delay your turn? (regarding adjDX)
- From: Cris Fuhrman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 21:27:21 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=BtILbFsOh7SsYl9Ge0U8fYWmhIBcjQs9BjcwRzfGcqo=; b=I5XNN7VnDLf8Sz12wiCOVT79xkJ8U93Fy3fI/LhiJ1ZOjHRTVhaeXGaTQ/lavnK441 I4cgsm64dZ1k+7yFBp9SRAGG/89mw1wUslAjkhGeGEx2orznEeFD5DfsLhlbofi6s7d2 jbgFyEMvQBMjPKPCedPMMBWp+FI7QL2+6dhgU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=iXH1xn9ZOr6oVCs+IfHxAspCER1e5GllSInH26axz3o9PSQrqP5FvYuUscAwVpu0UL IuzrBdXGtuORNWFoFkTS5tO00W627kcTm4olgIw9k3G87ClRvezB81GtsSp/2nbf6YnO /pvJ6YqxXh111Gbt6W/4iWOHkoSLgYJ14UHcM=
- In-reply-to: <BLU126-W22CFD46F71828FA6300B57A10D0@phx.gbl>
- References: <20090724094549.60F72B29@resin14.mta.everyone.net> <BLU126-W2537A272D49A4692AF060FA1130@phx.gbl> <BLU126-W22CFD46F71828FA6300B57A10D0@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the wiki page at
http://tft.brainiac.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.DXadjustments, I suggested
looking at DX adjustments as either "general" (for determining action order)
or "targeting" (for affecting to-hit). Here's how I'd rule each of the
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 22:14, Jim Zmrazek <email@example.com> wrote:
> 1) Attacking figures in the sides or rear.
Purely targeting - doesn't affect action order.
2) Missile or thrown weapons at long ranges.
Purely targeting. Action order shouldn't change because you're throwing or
firing a weapon further.
> 3) Special bonuses or talents. If you have +3 DX for missile weapons, do
> factor that into turn order? What about if you spend a turn waiting to get
> DX next turn. Is that accounted for too? What about spells that increase
> your DX?
I would rule that +3 for missile would be targeting adjustment. Waiting a
turn might go either way, but I tend to think it's targeting. Spells that
increase your DX would be general adjustment (and thus affect action order),
since magic (aid) really makes you more dexterous.
> 4) Special actions like Aimed Shots or Sweeping Blows. If you declare
> taking a sweeping blow, does your turn come at -4 DX?
Again, I'd rule that you wouldn't act later, but that your hits are less
likely - targeting adjustment.
> 5) Fighting with multiple weapons. If you have the talent, your 2nd
> is at a lower DX. Do you attack with both at once, or does your second
> come later in the round?
I'd rule that it's targeting adjustment. However, multiple missile shots are
a special case (doesn't the second shot come at the end of the round in
Cris Fuhrman, http://www.google.com/profiles/fuhrmanator
Sent from San Francisco, California, United States
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body