Re: (TFT) What does +1 mean... exactally?!?

Interesting point.

In all of the games I remember playing in, the GM was generally the authority on everything, with the exception of things the players invented themselves, which was usually just details about the player characters and what they were thinking or trying to do. Even then, the GM could intervene and say things such as, "No, Hubborth has not just invented scuba gear out of your 20th Century knowledge as a player."

So players thinking creatively about their +1 swords would ask the GM what the magic effect was like. The GM would explain and the players would work with that, experiment and ask the GM how their experiments turned out, etc. Very rarely would a player come up with a detailed interpretation of how something worked, and then be upset that the GM thought otherwise, unless they assumed without thinking, or mis-remembered from some other game.

At least, in TFT. In D&D (in my grade school circa 1980), there seemed to be a blight of confusion and people would argue about what was what and pretend to be authorities and so on. Disfunctional chaos with a few creative but mostly silly side effects.

PvK